Dive into Colombia's wild side... this 14-day trip in Bogota explores the country's colorful markets and exciting jungle. Come face-to-face with a diverse range of animals: monkeys, parrots, and wide-eyed nocturnal species. Also gain insight into local indigenous life, learning about the traditions of those native to the jungle, and even meeting a Shaman. You won’t want to miss this adventure!
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
You have arrived...
• Touch down at Bogota’s airport and transfer to
your hotel in the historical centre of the city
• La Candelaria is a beautiful city and you have a
free afternoon to discover your surroundings
• Enjoy your first evening in Columbia
A host of impressive sights...
• Discover Paloquemao market, one of the biggest
typical Colombian markets
• Get to know all kind of fruits and vegetables that
you would never have heard of
• Enjoy a walking tour visiting the main places of the
historical centre of Bogota
Amazing wildlife along the Amazon...
• Arrive at Leticia airport to take a boat into the
reserve along the Amazon river
• Reception at the lodge with a refreshing natural
juice and time to settle into your rooms
• Free time to explore the area around the lodge
and its incredible biodiversity
A taste of local life...
• Experience the Mocagua communities traditions
and relationship with the surrounding jungle
• In this community, a zest for life and a remarkable
spirit of solidarity prevails
• Hike through Calanoa Reserve and discover
plants used for healing or for food
Exotic creatures on land and in sea...
• Breakfast at the lodge and departure to visit the
artisan community of Macedonia
• The majority of people are wood carvers and
create Redwood objects called "blood sticks
• Visit the natural canals of the Amazon river on the
Peruvian coast to watch the pink dolphins
Take your binoculars...
• Start out the day with some bird watching and a
surprising encounter with a shaman
• This traditional healer will introduce you to the
science of medicinal plants
• Head back to the lodge and prepare for departure
Heading across rugged lands...
• Transfer to Bogota’s airport in order to head to
• Take a 4x4 to Hato La Aurora reserve, crossing the
Casanare region in the heart of the Llano region
• Meet your host and be welcomed with a special
traditional lunch from the region
An abundance of wildlife...
• Safari in a Jeep within the reserve in order to
experience El Hato la Aurora
• Observe chi-guiros, Virginian deer, alligators,
bovines, wild horses and a wide variety of birds
• Dinner at the hotel, and a show of the Llanera
Harp, a few poems and traditional folk songs
Just when you thought it couldn't get better...
• Search for the famous Anaconda, this impressive
animal which is usually hiding by the rivers
• Learn about this aquatic snake, capable of hiding
in the water and breathing through its nostrils
• Anacondas are predators of jaguars, caiman
alligators or even of its own kind than of man
A day in paradise...
• After breakfast, spend some time around the
lodge before packing up for the transfer to Yopal
• Prepare for your flight to Santa Marta with a
layover in Bogota
• Transfer from the airport to your hotel in the
centre of Santa Marta
The technique of coffee perfected...
• Depart to the village of Minca and to an organic
coffee production farm with century-old facilities
• Head to the natural swimming pools of Pozo Azul
for a toning bath
• Return by car to Minca for lunch, why not try a
traditional dish, tamal or sancocho?
A city to remember...
• The last step of your Colombian trip will bring you
to the memorable Cartagena de Indias
• In the morning private transport will take you
from the Santa Marta to Cartagena
• View some of the most famous neighbourhoods
and the must-see places within the city
Learn a thing or two about fishing...
• Arrive at the La Boquilla fishing village where an
Afro-Cartagean community lives
• Learn how to fish from the local people - how to
catch crabs and throw nets
• Discover the secrets of coastal cuisine and cook
fish and crabs with coconut rice
• In the morning, transfer to Cartagena’s airport for
your flight connection
• Thank you for visiting we hope you've had a lovely
• Please come again!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 Pax||4 Pax||6 Pax|
|Price per person||$2,560||$2,050||$1,930|