5 reasons to travel to Croatia
What with its paradisaical islands, surprising food, vibrant capital and breath taking coast line, you won't know what to do next during your trip to Croatia.
Its coast is one of the most beautiful in the world.
Its islands are little pieces of paradise
For it's amazingly varied and fresh cuisine
To learn more about the last war which tore Europe apart
To explore its vibrant and often under estimated capital
Is this the destination for you?
Travelling to Croatia
is definitely an amazing experience if your budget fits and you avoid the overly beaten paths.
You should go if
- You'll notice the welcoming and generous spirit of the inhabitants. In Croatia, the local people are polite and helpful, and will do all that they can to be nice to you without ever bothering you.
- If, for you, holiday means tanning and swimming in the sea; or if you like long afternoons tanning on the sand, or on big rocks, you'll have plenty to keep you busy along the coast.
- Going by bus in Croatia is possible but constrains you to only visit the more touristy places. The buses are also not very cheap! It's better to travel around freely in your own rental vehicle.
- If you want to combine walking and clubbing. Then Croatia has everything inside it that you need. Beautiful walks in the national parks and wild evening in the clubs on the Dalmatian islands.
You shouldn't go if
- Do you have a backpacker's budget? Then it's better to forget Croatia because you'll be extremely frustrated. Entrance to the parks and boat journeys are extremely expensive - much like accommodation, restaurants and public transport. Those with smaller budgets should consider other Balkan countries.
- If you can’t imagine a trip without its fair share of difficulties or you’re looking for adventure and challenge, Croatia risks disappointing you. The tourist welcome is professional and the lifestyle is very similar to other Mediterranean countries.
- Croatia is full of Sunshine, islands and beautiful beaches - lovers of cold weather should avoid it!
- You can't really find little places to snack in like in Greece or Crete, but rather tourist restaurants on the coast with pizza and pasta.