This is the perfect tour for nature lovers and active families – nature trails, swimming pools, waterfalls and beaches. Stroll along the cobblestone streets of Antigua, climb the active volcano of Pacaya, and enjoy a boat ride on the stunning Lake Atitlan. Discover Chichicastenango Market, swim in the turquoise waters of Semuc Champey, and explore Old Mayan Cities. You’ll love Guatemala!
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Your holiday begins...
• Our driver will welcome you at the airport
and drive you to the colonial town of Antigua
• Explore at your own pace and shop for souvenirs
and local crafts
• Spend the night in your lovely hotel, and dine in
fine restaurants at the hotel, or close by
A day of exploration...
• After breakfast, meet your guide and discover one
of the world’s best conserved colonial cities
• Visit the churches and key buildings which date
back to colonial times
• Go to the market in a Tuc-Tuc to see the
local life and produce
Recently erupting volcano...
• After breakfast, be ready to hike-up the active
volcano of Pacaya
• Pacaya reaches a height 8373 feet and is active
• Recent eruptions were in 2006 - and one which
covered the capital city in ashes in 2010
Maya Holy Book - Popol Vuh...
• Today you'll be at Chichicastenango entrance gate
to visit the Maya Quiche Region
• Discover the most famous market in Guatemala
and visit Santo Tomas church
• Hike up from a traditional mask factory to the
Pascual Abaj ceremonial centre
A day of diversity...
• Today your guide will take you by boat to the
Southern side of Lake Atitlan
• After kayaking, hike up “the elephant-shaped
mountain of the Cerro de Oro
• Meet a local deity Maximon, a syncretism of
Mayan and Christian beliefs
Tiny site, great significance...
• Discover Iximche, a tiny Mayan Site that is hugely
significant to Central America
• Iximche was declared a national monument, and
offers real Mayan ceremonies
• Transfer to a very green area called Verapaces: a
delight for the adventurers and nature lovers
Choose between two activities...
• A two-hour hike to a lovely waterfall inside the
Ram Tzul Park, or...
• Observe the Quetzal - a shy trogon bird and
the national bird of Guatemala
• Transfer to Lanquin for a pickup to your rustic
eco-lodge right next to Semuc Champey
Cliffs, limestone, and stunning views...
• Enjoy Semuc Champey with a hike up the cliffs to
look at the beautiful limestone far below
• Walk along the river and observe the water as it
rushes to the cliff floor
• Admire the incredible turquoise standing out
from the surrounding green jungle
An interconnection of caves...
• Explore the fantastic limestone caves of
Candelarias, seven separate caves interconnected
• Sacred for the Q’eqchi Mayans, the caves were the
gates to the underworld
• Discover Flores Island before heading to El
Remate on the Northern side of Lake Peten Itza
Off the beaten track...
• Head to the heart of the Jungle in the Mayan City
• Discover a magnificent Mayan site amidst
the sound of howler and spider monkeys
• Observe an unforgettable sunset from the
summit of the Red Hands Temple
A highlight of your trip...
• Head to Tikal, the most impressive old city of the
• Your guide will take you right through the jungle
to the Temple IV, the highest of Tikal
• Private transfer in the early afternoon to the Rio
Dulce Region for the night
A highlight of your trip...
• Cruise on the Rio Dulce River and witness flocks of
cormorants, white herons and other bird species • Have your camera and binoculars ready to spot
them nesting along the canyon walls
• Continue over the Lago de Izabal to the
400-year-old Fort Castillo San Felipe
Ocean and palm trees...
• After breakfast, depart by boat to 7 Altares, a fresh
water paradise in the heart of the tropical forest
• Enjoy Playa Blanca, a stretch of white-sand beach
rimmed with palm trees along the Caribbean Sea
• Optional tours: Punta Manabique Boat Tour; or
Cayos Sapodillas, the ideal spot for snorkelling
Ancient history lesson...
• A private boat transfer to Puerto Barrios will
connect you to a ride to Quirigua
• Quirigua is the highest stelae of the Mayan
civilization (35 feet)
• Next, continue to Antigua for your last night in
• Private transfer to Guatemala City International
Airport for your flight back home
• Be sure to stop for souvenirs and last minute
• Thank you for visiting Guatemala - hasta luego
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person, based on double occupancy|