This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Off and running...
• Meet your Lao English-speaking guide and
transfer to your hotel for check-in
• Ascend Phou Si Hill, offering stunning views over
the Mekong, rivers, and mountain ranges
• Once back at ground level, stop at the awakening
Hmong Night Market
Inspire your five senses...
• Travel like a local by Tuk-Tuk to the peninsula,
to the alms giving ritual
• Continue to the open-air food market, held daily
in the streets nearby the former Royal Palace
• Head to the Ock Pop Tok weaving centre for a
dyeing class about silkworms and silk types
Open air fresh food market...
• Enjoy a Lao cooking class, starting with a visit to
the major food market of Talat Phosy
• Take an excursion to Kuang Si waterfalls, stopping en-route to visit ethnic minority villages
• Visit the Asian Black Bear Rescue Center, enjoying picnic lunch near a waterfall
Caves of gold...
• Visit the Pak Ou Caves, containing thousands of
gold lacquered Buddha statues
• Lunch will be served on board while cruising up
the Mekong River
• Continue your cruise to Pakbeng, arriving at
Pakbeng’s pier before sunset
Mountains and valleys...
• Transfer to Oudomxay and Muang La, with a few stops to meet ethnic villages
• Encounter various tribes on this part of your
• Pass villages perched on steep mountainsides
and others in valleys carved out by ancient rivers
• Visit an Ikhos and Hmong village, two of the many ethnic groups in Laos
• Learn about daily life and how the villagers follow customs passed down through centuries
• A short walk takes you to an abandoned Hmong
village with a stunning 360° panorama
Cruising down the river...
• Transfer to Muang Khua and then cruise on the
Nam Ou River to Nong Khiau
• Stop en route to visit some minority villages in
• Lunch is served on a sand river bank or islet or
International travel publications...
• A peaceful boat ride on the Nam Ou River allows you to explore a small Lao village
• Learn about the villagers and their way of life
• Witness water and jungle and hear the constant
sound of clear waterfall cascades
• Breakfast at the hotel before transfer by road
down to Luang Prabang
• Lunch at Khaiphaen Restaurant, a vocational
restaurant for disadvantaged children
• Relax and enjoy an hour-long Lao traditional
body massage at L’hibiscus
• Breakfast at the hotel before a morning in Vat
Sisaket, home to hundreds of Buddha statues
• Drive to Tha Ngon, and make an en route stop to visit Don Mak Khai Market
• Visit the Lao Disabled Women Development
A great day out...
• Free time until your transfer to the airport for
your flight to Paksé
• Lunch will be at a local restaurant, before a great afternoon way up at Boloven Plateau
• Stop at Tad Lo Waterfall, villages, visit a tea and
coffee plantation, and the Tha Teng Market
• Arrive at Pakxong and experience coffee tasting at Jhai Coffee shop
• At noon, enjoy a delicious picnic lunch at Tad Say waterfalls
• Drive to Souy village and walk inside the bamboo village
• Cross by ferry to Ban Muang and transfer to Ban
Hat Xay Khoun overland
• Cycle around the islands, and see the old
locomotive, railway and colonial bridge
• Return to Ban Nakasang by boat and visit the
largest waterfall in South East Asia
• Visit Vat Phou, a UNESCO World Heritage site
•Vat Phou is one of the best preserved examples of major Khmer architecture
• Lunch at Inthira’s restaurant in Champassak
before a free day at leisure
A day to yourself...
• Breakfast at the resort, then enjoy the day free at leisure
• Take advantage of your resorts amenities and
• Or relax and absorb your holiday adventure so
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|For 2||For 4||Single Supplement|
|Price per person||$3,190||$2,450||$990|