This self-drive is a gorgeous way to experience this incredible country, its rich culture and incredible wild life. Start in central Namibia and continue over the Spreutshoogte pass to the breath-taking landscapes of the Namib Desert and Sossusvlei. Spend 3 nights in the adventure capital of Namibia, searching for the famous desert-adapted elephants! The last days will be a unique experience: Safaris in the world renowned Etosha National Park, which is home to more than 110 species of mammals and reptiles! Walk with cheetahs at the African foundation at Okonjima, and go search for the elusive African leopard...See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Namibia!
• Arrive at Hosea Kutako International Airport and pick up your rental car.
• Drive to Naankuse which is located just a 30 min drive from the airport.
• The Naankuse Wildlife Sanctuary is a haven for various orphaned and injured African wildlife!
• Your Naankuse lodge is part of a non-profit charitable organisation: all profits go back into the projects.
• After drinks by the pool overlooking the African bush, dinner will be enjoyed at the restaurant.
• Before heading out on your journey, see the animals being fed!
• Continue to C26 from the city, and travel along the Spreetshoogte Pass (D1275) to Sossusvlei.
• This is one of Namibia's most scenic routes and you will be met with breath-taking views!
• Drive 130km to Sesriem, then head south on the C27 until you reach the Hoodia Lodge gate.
• Upon arrival, have drinks in the sunset followed by dinner.
Soaring dunes, like nothing you have ever seen
• After an early breakfast you will leave for Sossusvlei to spend the day exploring the park
• Sossusvlei must be one of the most beautiful places on earth: the dunes reaches almost 400m!
• Despite the harsh desert conditions, a wide variety of life have adapted to survive here!
• A picnic lunch will be served between and the expert guides will teach yo all about the desert.
• In the late afternoon, visit the Sesriem Canyon before returning to your lodge: Relax around the swimming pool until sunset, followed by dinner.
With local beers and apple crumble...
• This morning, enjoy a last breakfast at Hoodia before starting your journey to Swakopmund!
• Stop at Solitaire's bakery to sample some of their famous apple crumble...
• Check-in at your gorgeous hotel upon arrival!
• Have dinner at the Brewer & Butcher, and sample a variety of local, Namibian beers!
• Swakopmund is undeniably Namibia's playground and adventure capital.
• Walk around and explore the many old, historical buildings!
• There are several adventure activities to do in and around Swakopmund: from Quad Bike Tours..
•...to and Sand-Boarding in the dunes, bird watching, fishing, Go-Kart Tours, skydiving, desert tours, and much more…
The most scenic area in Namibia
• Start your 5 h journey to Mowani, one of the most scenic areas in Namibia.
• Endless sandy wastes with populations of desert-adapted elephant, black rhino, giraffe, ostrich and springbok!
• Your Mowani Mountain Camp is situated between Swakopmund and Etosha National Park.
• Settle in, then enjoy the incredible views and spectacular sunsets.
• Dinner will be served in the restaurant before heading to your room for a well-deserved rest.
And ancient cultures...
• After breakfast, enjoy a ride in an open car around Mowani!
• The guides will teach you about the local wild life and nature.
• Meet the locals, and share experiences and learn about their way of life.
• Rare desert adapted elephants can be spotted in the riverbed!
• See the 2000 to 10 000 year old rock engravings at Twyfelfontein (UNESCO) before heading back to the lodge to relaxing and dinner.
Time for some exciting game drives!
• Start your journey to Etosha National Park, home to more than 110 species!
• Your Ongava Lodge is situated in the privately owned Ongava Game Reserve in the park.
• Settle into your room, then have a game drive on the Ongava reserve, known for its Rhino's!
• Enjoy the views over the camp’s waterhole from the main lounge, and a swim in pool to cool off!
• Meals are served in the main dining area under the thatch or on the dining deck under the stars.
• After breakfast, leave for Etosha National Park to explore the waterholes in the west of the park...
• ...home to numerous species, a 5,000km² salt pan and some of the tallest elephants in Africa!
• The 13 waterholes in the western side of the Park offer great game viewing opportunities!
• Return to lodge in the late morning to enjoy lunch and a relaxing afternoon around the pool.
• Enjoy a late afternoon game drive on the Ongava reserve is followed by dinner.
Further in the animal kingdom!
• Make your way slowly through the park to the east while seeing many waterholes on the way!
• Your accommodation is Mushara Lodge, located just 8 km from the Von Lindequist Gate.
• Enjoy the large pool, surrounded by green lawns which are kept perfect by local wildlife!
• Enjoy some drinks in the sunset, and a delicious dinner.
• After breakfast, leave for a game drive in Etosha to explore the eastern part of the reserve.
• Take water and snacks, pull up at a waterhole and the wait for the inhabitants to come to you...
• Return to your lodge at lunchtime and the rest of the day can be spent relaxing around the pool.
• You can also have an optional game drive in Etosha before sunset!
• Drinks followed by dinner on the terrace under the starry sky before going to your room.
The most spectacular inhabitants...
• Today, the road takes you to the private Okonjima Nature Reserve...
• ... which is home to species like the cheetah and leopard!
• Experience the conservation work undertaken by the AfriCat Foundation, which researches and rehabilitates cheetahs, wild dogs, and hyenas!
• Settle in your room before going on a late afternoon game drive, followed by dinner.
• Begin early with a cheetah trek in the Reserve alongside experienced guides.
• Hike, bike or go bird watching: there are endless ways to spend day's at Okonjima.
• End with a game drive in search of elusive leopard followed by a sundowner.
• The leopards are radio-tracked for their protection and as part of a density research project.
• They roam freely and hunt within the 20 000-ha/200km2 nature reserve.
Back to the city life!
• After breakfast, cross through an ever-changing landscape on your way to Windhoek.
• Your accommodation is at The Olive Exclusive, a small upmarket boutique hotel in the city center.
• Enjoy the view over the olive grove and valley beyond!
• Dinner will be served at Joe's Beerhouse, where you can try a variety of different meat dishes: an essential part of the Namibian experience!
Where will you head now?
• Explore Windhoek: A modern city at an altitude of 1,657m!
• There will be time for some souvenir shopping and a last lunch at the Heinitzburg Castle.
• Head this afternoon to Hosea Kutako International Airport for your flight.
• We hope you have enjoyed your stay, and wish you a safe flight!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price Per Person||3860|