The Lofoten Islands are a unique destination with awe-inspiring scenery: characteristic craggy peaks looking down upon white beaches and fishing villages. Add the spectacular fjords, midnight sun, whales, amazing seafood, and visit to the Vikings, and you have the ingredients for a memorable trip. Staying in cosy guest houses along the way, this will be a delightful holiday to reminisce about.See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
Welcome to Norway...
• Arrival at airport Harstad or Evenes and pick up
your rental car
• Drive to your hostel in Nyksund, an authentic
coastal fishing village
• Enjoy a lazy evening on the terrace beneath the
The ocean delivers...
• Join a whale safari for the opportunity to see
whales, birds and seals
• Gain knowledge about the marine wildlife of this
area from your guide
• Relax for the evening in your beautiful guest
house in Harstad
• A short drive will take you to the medieval town of
•Meet the Cod- Skrei Experience Centre allows you
to get close to nature, culture and history
• The centre combines the Lofoten museum, the
Lofoten aquarium and Gallery Espolin
Channels and peaks...
• In Svolvær you will board a 3-hour cruise to
• Spot an eagle, take some extraordinary photos
and catch some cod yourself
• Enjoy dinner at the famous local restaurant where
you will be served fresh fish
A trip back in time...
• Drive through the scenic roads to explore more of
• Travel a thousand years back in time and feel
• Continue to Svolvær at your authentic fishermen's
• Wake up and soak in the beauty of the fjord and
steep polished mountain peaks
• Jump on the local ferry and explore the Reine
• Take a guided kayak tour through the fjord and
hike over to the beach
• Your Lofoten adventure has come to an end and
great memories have been made
• Drive back to the airport of Evenes, diversify your
route for more scenic views
• Thank you for visiting Norway, we hope to see you
again - ha det!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|Price per person||$1,280|