Explore magical Vietnam on an 8 day trip! The tour starts in Saigon, the former name of Ho Chi Minh City, which was once also called "the Pearl of the Far East". Still the largest city, it is the industrial and trading centre of Vietnam! Explore the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, visit the floating markets and embark on a fun street food tour, followed by 5 full days to explore daily life and unique culture of the Mekong Delta of Vietnam!See more
This itinerary has been crafted by our Local Agency with one idea in mind: to inspire you. Every element can be adapted to your needs and your interests, from duration to accommodation and activities.
... and to gorgeous Vietnam!
• Our local guide will pick you at at arrival and bring you to your hotel.
• Free time to enjoy the afternoon, why not start to explore Ho Chi Minh City?
Explore the tradition of Vietnamese street food!
• See the Cu Chi Tunnels and the fighting tunnels used by the Viet Cong on a guided tour!
• At 17.30, embark on a quick, fun and tasty tour of Ho Chi Minh City’s best street food.
• Discover the local life and specialties of the colorful streets, where street food has been served for nearly 30 years!
• Taxi from and to the tour, either by car or motorbike!
Street Food Tour: 3h
Start the day by heading to the Mekong Delta!
• Start the journey by bike at the local Cai Thia market, and explore the Hoa Loc village known for its mango!
• Stop at a locals home, and learn how to preparetraditional cakes and tea.
• Continue by boat, and enjoy a tasty lunch on board, and enjoy the cruise.
• Check in at a cozy home-stay, where you will make dinner together with your local host!
Overnight in a private room in you local host house.
See the local tradition of planting and harvesting
• Reach Vinh Long by boat transfer, where your bicycle will be waiting!
• Ride to the Vinh Long market, and enjoy all the local produce of tropical fruits and seafood!
• Continue by bike to the Phuoc Hau village, and see the planting and harvesting with your guide!
• End the cuise at Vinh Long and transfer to Can Tho City in the heart of the Mekong Delta.
• Check in hotel and enjoy some relaxing free time.
The local market on the river...
• A 30 min boat tour brings you to the Cai Rang floating market!
• Continue through a small canal to visit a fruit garden with your guide, and taste some delicious fruit.
• After the boat tour, transfer to Chau Doc, a small, hidden gem at the Vietnam - Cambodia boarder!
Get lost in the beautiful scenery
• Cruise on the Bassac River onto the Dao Canal, and admire the breathtaking landscape on the way!
• Arrive at the Tra Su forest, and visits the canals flanked by mangroves and lush greenery.
• Return to Chau Dow Town for lunch, and visit the floating fishing farm in the afternoon!
• Continue to the Cham village, where you will learn about the interesting local culture.
• Take the local transportation Xe Loi to Chau Doc market, to discover the local produce.
• Enjoy some free time in the morning, then transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City.
• Stop en-route at Sa Dec to visit the Lover House, a 1895 house on the riverfront and the inspiration for Marguerite Duras book "The Lover".
• Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon, and perhaps try one of the local restaurants?
• Soak up the last of Ho Chi Minh City during some morning free time.
• A transfer will bring you to the Tan Son Nhat airport in time for your departure.
• We wish you a safe flight, and welcome you back to Vietnam!
The price reflects this specific itinerary and is designed to give you an idea of the budget required for this destination. Throughout the trip-planning process, our local agency will tailor your itinerary around your budget.
|2 People||4 People||6 People||Single Supplement|
|Price per person in High Season - 3 stars hotels||$770||$560||$470||$130|
|Price per person in High Season - 4 stars hotels||$960||$760||$670||$340|
|Price per person in Low Season - 3 stars hotels||$730||$540||$450||$130|
|Price per person in Low Season - 4 stars hotels||$910||$720||$640||$330|