Traveling with Family
Traveling with family can be a challenge, not least because it can be hard to find something to suit every age and personality. Whilst a trekking trip may seem like a fun choice, it becomes impossible with very young children, apart from a few very select routes. Therefore, variety and choice within the destination you choose are key. Once hurdles such as this have been overcome, however, traveling with your family becomes an incredibly valuable experience. Create memories together that you and your family will think back on and cherish forever. Learn about different cultures as a family and explore fantastic countries, landscapes, cities and heritage.
Advice for Traveling with Family
Choosing the best destination for your family
First thing’s first: choose the right destination. Whilst many destinations claim to be family-friendly, it can be hard to find a place that will suit your own family and their preferences, requirements, likes and dislikes. If you’re after adventure then why not choose a country which offers a huge range of activities, suitable for all ages.
Where to go with family
A country that offers enormous variety in all respects is bound to attract a broad audience and a multi-activity tour is the perfect way to see it. Many destinations offer everything you and your family could possibly want, from jaw-dropping landscapes and natural beauty to luxury beaches or bustling city life.
- Costa Rica has so many National parks that you won’t be left wanting. Each of these parks is filled with fun activities for kids and families, as well as for adults; walk through the jungle canopy of the cloud forests on walkways high up in the trees, explore the many beaches, coves and coral reefs or visit animals at local animal sanctuaries.
- If it’s animals that your family love then a safari and wildlife tour is a great choice. Destinations such as South Africa or Namibia will allow you to see and learn about the incredible animals that live here, as well as indulge in some activities such as wine-tasting while the kids are occupied!
- For families looking for an active tour, New Zealand’s nationwide celebration of the outdoors makes it a perfect choice for adventurous, active families. Cycle or Hike your way through the countryside of New Zealand or another stunning country, such as Thailand.
- Why not experience for yourself Sri Lanka’s excellent value for money, rich culture and endless choices for beautiful stops along your journey?
- Morocco’s warm climate and laid-back atmosphere are sure to enchant you and your family.
- China’s culture and wildlife would also be the perfect introduction to travel for your family.
Whichever you pick, it will be a journey you will never forget.
Choosing family-friendly accommodation
Accommodation can also be a crucial factor when traveling with family, so be sure to find accommodation options that suit your needs. Traveling completely off the beaten track may be hard to manage with young children, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t have an authentic experience. Options such as eco-lodges, surrounded by nature, can be great choices for those looking for something more unusual than a standard hotel, without sacrificing the comfort of their family. Slovenia is just one destination, for instance, where this type of quirky overnight option is rife, and is completely suitable for families. Stay in a treehouse and live your own childhood dreams alongside your kids.